Colorado Unclaimed Property Webinar
Senate Bill 19-088, Revised Uniform Unclaimed Property Act, was signed into law in April 2019 and updates Colorado unclaimed property statutes. The Colorado Department of Treasury is offering a webinar to the banking community in order to provide information about what changes banks can expect and what they will be required to report in upcoming years.
This webinar covers subjects of interest such as:
● History and reporting basics
● Property types and issues unique to banks
● Aging and controlling inactive customer accounts
● Certificates of deposit, IRAs, HSAs and Roth accounts
● Positive owner contact and notifying owners of account changes
The Treasury is responsible for reuniting Coloradans with their lost or forgotten assets. The Unclaimed Property Division currently maintains a list of over one million names of individuals and businesses to which property is available.