This is for Part 1 only. For series pricing, CLICK HERE.
Some people might think that regulatory attention to the BSA has let up over the past couple of years, given other difficulties and areas of concern, such as fair lending, TRID, HMDA, and UDAP. Think again. With the safety and soundness of the entire industry the focus of news stories every day and many well-publicized enforcement actions, the regulators obviously haven't eased up. These rules are still very close to being the #1 issue facing compliance officers.
In Part 1, we'll discuss the Bank Secrecy Act provisions in general, including program requirements, risk assessments, CTRs, SARs, and the Beneficial Owner provisions, among other things.
We'll also talk about where the risk areas are and where examiners are criticizing institutions. Your comprehensive program must be continually updated, and we'll make sure you have the information you need to meet expectations.
The "BSA/AML & OFAC Compliance - Part I" webinar has been approved for 2 CAMs credits. Credits are redeemable for Live attendance only. Accreditation is valid for one year from the date of the event. To receive a certificate, email info@ttsTrain.com.
· BSA program requirements, including the 4 (5?) pillars
· Updating your risk profiles, including due diligence responsibilities
· Currency Transaction Reporting hotspots, including exemptions
· Suspicious Activity Reporting - the backbone of an effective BSA program
· Due diligence responsibilities, including Customer Due Diligence (CDD) and Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) for high-risk customers
· Selling monetary instruments for cash - collecting and retaining information
· Money Services Businesses (MSBs) – a special type of customer
· And more